If you love a girl, it is important that you let her know. But if you’re too shy or nervous to say those two words out loud, do not worry. There are many ways in which you can show a girl how much you care, through your actions, words and behavior, until your arm yourself with courage to be able to say the words. Here are some great suggestions to show a girl that you love her.
Through romantic gestures
Send her flowers. It may seem like a cliché, but nothing says “I love you” like a beautiful bouquet of flowers. However, you should try to put some effort into it; do not choose the first bouquet that is on sale at the supermarket. Make an extra effort by asking friends or family what your favorite flowers are and have them delivered to you especially at your doorstep on this valentine’s day by Rose Day 7 February.
- To add romance, give the flowers a romantic note. It can be something short and sweet like “Beautiful flowers for a beautiful girl” or something deeper like a romantic phrase from a poem or a song.
- Do not worry if you have little money. You do not need to buy the most expensive imported flowers that are available. In fact, a red rose or a bouquet of freshly cut wild flowers can be infinitely more romantic than a generic bouquet, pre-arranged.
Prepare your favorite food. You can also show a girl that you love her by investing a little time and effort into something that will make her happy, like preparing her favorite food. If you have been dating for a while, you should already have a good idea of what you like. But do not do anything very complicated if you have not done it before. Make the dinner super romantic by arranging the table well, lighting some candles and placing good music in the background.
- You can choose to tell her what you are planning and tell her to dress well for dinner or you can take her totally by surprise. Just make sure you arrive home on time and that you will definitely arrive alone!
- Do not worry if you are not an expert in the kitchen, in reality the intention is what counts. However, if you are worried that the food is at least edible, you can practice the dish with your family or friends first.
Write him a love letter. Writing a love letter is a very romantic way to show a girl that you love her, and it is something she can appreciate forever. This option is especially good if you have difficulty expressing your feelings with words. All you need is to take a pen and let your heart speak. You can give the letter to him personally or send it to him by mail to surprise it.
- If you have difficulty getting started, get inspired by the words of great writers like Shakespeare, Lord Byron or Emily Dickinson or look for some famous and romantic phrases that you could include in your letter.
- You can also write a nice email or a text message, but there’s nothing like normal mail to give you an old-fashioned romance.
- Alternatively, if you want to get even more creative, you can try to express your feelings with a song or poem. You can sing the song in person or record it and send it to them if you feel a little shy.
Invite her out. Take the initiative and plan a completely romantic evening for both of you. You can take the classic path of going to dinner and watching a movie, or you can try to personalize the experience by recreating your first date or taking it to the place where you first met. The time and effort required to plan a truly special outing for both will speak for itself and she will know how much you care.
- Think about your interests instead of yours. For example, you should not take her to bowling if you know she would really prefer to skate on ice.
- Try to come up with some creative ideas, based on your interests and hobbies. If you are outgoing, take her hiking or “paint ball” (paintballs). If you like to have fun, take it to a theme park or a video game place. If what you like is music or drama, get tickets to see a band or a play.
Make compliments. This is easy. If you really love this girl, it should not be a problem to find 101 things that you like about her and tell them often. You can flatter her about her appearance: it can be something that makes her proud, like her long shiny hair or her incredible green eyes, or something that makes her complex like her curves or crooked smile. But do not focus solely on her appearance, you can also make compliments of the best characteristics of her personality or something else in which she is good.
- For example, you can tell him that you love his noble heart and the way he always does things for others, or compliment him on the great job he did at a recent sporting event or a particular academic assignment.
- The compliments should always be honest. If you tell her something that is not true, she could realize that the compliment is false and everything could be turned over completely. Stay genuine and sincere.
Surprise her. Surprises are good ways to show a girl that you’ve been thinking about her and that you’re willing to do anything just to make her smile. You do not need to plan a massive party or buy a puppy or something (although these ideas might work in some circumstances!) A surprise can be as simple as appearing at home with an ice cream bucket and your favorite DVD when you have had an evil day, or leave a note in your wallet or under your pillow when she least expects it.
- Some girls do not like surprises, so if you’re not sure about something you plan to do, subtly try to find out their feelings or surreptitiously give them some clues before doing something too crazy.
- This step only counts if it’s a good surprise. It is not advisable to appear with a tattoo of your face on your forearm or with the news that you are moving to another state. Normally this kind of surprises do not turn out very well.
Tell him you love her. Well, if you really love this girl, the easiest and most direct way to prove it is by telling her. You do not need to make a great song and dance it, or hang a sign on the plane with the words “I love you”, you only need to choose a moment when the two of you are sharing an intimate moment alone and say those two words, seriously and sincerely.
- If the exact words “I love you” give you a bit of fear or are very intense, try saying something with the same effect, like “I think I’m falling in love with you” or something corny like “You stole my heart”. She will understand the idea.
- If this is the first time you say it, do not be discouraged if it does not tell you the same thing immediately. Maybe you just need a little more time to process the information. Remember that “I love you” is not a question that requires an answer.
- On the other hand, she could be completely happy that at last you armed yourself with courage to tell her how you feel and hurry to tell you the same words that she has expected so much to hear. You will never know until you try!